Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sunday Afternoon DIY

Since finishing my Masters coursework and completing my Comprehensive Exams I have acquired quite a bit of free time that I have devoted to practicing and fine tuning my photography, leisure reading, and various other enjoyable projects of my choosing. Much to my delight a good deal of this time has been spent perusing local thrift stores and re-working old finds and my collection of random odds and ends. I have also taken a particular liking to visiting antique shops and collecting sparkly and glittery baubles to add to my ever expanding collection of jewels. To accommodate this collection is a bit tricky since space is limited in our cozy two bedroom duplex. On a past trip to MS I found a hanging jewelry organizer that worked perfectly for necklaces and held a few of my bangles and bracelets but wasn't optimal for the latter so as I usually do when faced with a storage or other DIY dilemma I turned to Pinterest. As I imagined there were a plethora of unique and creative storage options and this past Saturday I happened upon the key component of one of those options...a wooden mug holder/hanger. I have seen these in various places and remember them fondly from my childhood located on the kitchen counters of my most favorite great Aunt Mage and my GrannyNette, however I have been unable to locate one for some time now so when I saw my little treasure on the top shelf I made a B line for it and ran for the door. Below are a few before and after photos I snapped and one of it serving it's knew found purpose! Happy Tuesday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment